- Volunteers -
Volunteers Volunteers for Family Promise provide help for the organization (other than at a congregation) by working at the Day Center, tutoring students, administration jobs as well as in many other areas.
Volunteers from host congregations provide hospitality to Family Promise guest families through their church, synagogue or place of worship. We welcome volunteers of all ages. These volunteers help us provide meals, overnight hospitality, and a friendly face to our families. Other volunteer jobs include:
- Cooking and/or hosting dinner
- Spending the evening with guest families chatting, tutoring kids or playing games
- Sleeping overnight in the congregation
- Coordinating children’s crafts and activities
- Donating needed supplies for the host week
- Setting up and breaking down guest families’ rooms
Volunteers from support congregations provide backup help to nearby host congregations for added help and team support. These volunteers may find themselves doing any of the congregations duties above, raising funds, or helping with special events.
If you, or someone you know would be interested in volunteering with FPPC in the following areas, please contact us:
Accountant – Filing 990
Painter – Peeling and painting concrete floors
Termite Tenting – After the Habitat for Humanity renovation, we will need to tent the Day Center